Sunday, October 30, 2011

Quit apologizing....

It seems to me that we are always apologizing for something.

Why do we feel the need to apologize so much?

In some cases, we should most definitely apologize.  If we keep someone waiting, if we have spoken rudely, etc...then my all means...apologize.

But sometimes, just sometimes, we need to think about our desire to apologize to another for what we have said.  When in fact, what we have spoken is merely what we feel, and should not be requested an excuse.

I find that when I meet people who read my blog, they are almost apologetic that they feel the same way I do, yet are afraid to admit it.

I am met with many people who almost feel their admission is a guilty indulgence when they read my words.    Almost as if they wrote them by proxy.

I am thankful that I can write and throw it all out there, without guilt.  Because the more I can reach out and let people know (and I shout)  YOU ARE NOT ALONE!!!!!!.....the more free my soul feels.

To be kept captive by your own thoughts, the more imprisoned you are.  We all have feelings.  And more often than not; all our feelings are the same at one time or another!!!

My heart hurts when someone is left to feel like they are the inventor of their own painful feelings.  It's not true.  Most or many of us have felt "your" pain at one time or another in our lives.

It is our pain or trials that connect us to each other.  When we hide those feelings, we cheat ourselves the ability to connect with another!

When I start speaking my pains or issues to someone, I am hardly ever surprised when they chime in with their own rendition of what I have gone through.

Don't apologize for who you are or how you feel.  Your experience is unique to you.  Yet your feelings have been felt by millions before you.  And you are never alone.  All you have to do at any given time is reach out.  And if you don't find what you need the first time, I can pretty much guarantee that you will find it out there if you keep trying.

We are not alone.  Never have been.  Never will be.

Don't apologize.

Ever!

Happy Sunday.

1 comment: