Friday, October 21, 2011

Crackled nails and cockle shells

Three times.
I hit the snooze button three times this morning. It is getting bad. My desire to get up in the morning is waning more and more. I am getting dangerously close to calling in sick for the whole family. Would that be unheard of?

Thursday to Friday is a big run for me. I feel like I wake up Thursday and don't stop until Friday at noon for a two hour break, so I can start again at 2:20 through dinner.

So, it is no wonder hookie is on my brain.

My kids swear I yell at them every morning, but what they don't realize, is by the time I get to the point where I am screaming at them, it is the third or fourth attempt at getting them out of bed. I am like that mealtonin light that starts out dim, and slowly brightens. By the time I yell, I am shining bright.

And then the joys of challenging their wardrobe. It is the highlight of my day. How can it be they have so many clothes that cover the floor of their room, yet they wear the same item multiple times in a week, because they don't have 'anything' to wear.....? Hmmmmmmmm

Yep; I think that justifies the covers over my head hitting the snooze button a few times.

Oh.....I love the morning arguments. The other day I came downstairs and both girls were crying. Something about cereal and fists flying.

I guess it is safe to say we aren't morning people over here.

Though I find it peculiar that it is actually still my favorite time of day.

I just prefer to enjoy it from bed, I guess.

Happy Friday

No comments:

Post a Comment