Monday, October 17, 2011

Catching up

I started this day on Lag mode.  I do have to do carpool, but just one morning, I would like the girls to get up on their own, and let me sleep in just a little longer.  I don't care what I look like while driving the kids around.  And thankfully, they are still blissfully unaware of adult hygiene, so all is good with the world.

My lag mode, of course followed in my blog.  Usually, I'm done by 7:30; but today, I didn't want to!  Sometimes I'm not sure where I'm going with my blog until my fingers hit the keyboard, and even then, it's iffy at best!!!

I was late getting in nut sales to the coordinator (now my efforts are bleeding on to someone else), and though I got them in this morning, I'm certain I'm the last to give my offerings.

I got an email from my friend who is my daughters Girl Scout leader that read, "You're not gonna be THAT mom, are you?"  Meaning, I was the only one who didn't deliver my child with the permission slip necessary for her to be at the meetings.

Ughhhhh.......

This morning I came home from carpool and I dug through my books, pulling out "It's All Too Much".  It talks about clutter and how it robs us from our potential (a word I adore, I assure you).

It is all too much!

This weekend, I worked on a fundraiser.  All my efforts (and the money collected) go to the school.  It was a busy weekend, but not as busy as I had hoped.  But that is okay, because every year I do this, I get to see families come together, looking pretty and I get to see how the kids have grown.  It truly is my favorite time of year!

Because of my fundraiser, that put me a little more behind on other things I need to get done.  And from here, it's not going to slow down, so I need to pick it up a notch.

Now, if you have read my blog more than once, you are seeing a pattern of clutter, drowning, and me trying to get out.  I'm hoping that my "me trying to get out" resonates louder than the clutter and drowning.  Although the drowning and clutter always seem to be in the picture, and it usually comes first.

I'm still working on that.

My husband and I have had many conversations on this.  He doesn't feel the need to pick anything up because it's "not mine".  I can't really blame him on that one.

It has come to my attention that we both have strengths; we just need to figure out how to put them all together.  PRODUCTIVELY!!!!

Our latest efforts have resulted in a few screaming matches, where we clearly aren't hearing each other.  And so I refer back to the book, "It's All Too Much". 

God, I wish just having the book in the house would make it all better.   Unfortunately, one has to actually read the book and put its principles to use.......and that takes time.........

I'll put it on the list!

So, this morning, I'm running behind, which is pretty usual, so I guess I am right on target.

I'm going to start chipping away and catching up.  I've decided my electronic devices will go on sleep mode while I give myself a deadline for each task.  They are all rather small, but together they are daunting.  So, if I time myself, there is no turning back.

If you continue to read my blog, you will see this all come up again.  And I can't even apologize for it, because it is what it is. 

And I will never give up......

Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment