Monday, October 24, 2011

awards and accolades

Yesterday was our annual awards meeting for Weight Watchers.  It is the one time of year that all the leaders and receptionists get together and actually get to sit down and visit. 

Weight Watchers isn't like a typical job, where you go into the office and see everyone.  For all the meetings we have, we pass each other on the road and never see each other or get to visit unless we make an effort to do so.

It was really great seeing the lady who was my leader, and get to visit for a few. 

The ceremony was quite long and many awards were handed out.  Last year I got Diamond Leader, which is quite the honor as it is only the top 20% of leaders in the district.

This year, I didn't get Diamond leader.  But I got something more special.  I got an award for helping someone to lose 100lbs or more.  It came in the form of a necklace, and I put it on right away!

I kept touching it throughout the meeting.  It meant so much to me.  This is about one member and almost 3 years of her life trying to get to this point.  I represented so much to me and meant the world to me.  Because this is why I do this job!  To get people to realize we have to work hard to achieve our goals.  And when they do, it's a dual celebration

I brought home my award around my neck and I shared it with my family.  They know all about my 100lb "loss" member as I was elated when she reached it.  It's a big deal!

I actually have another member who is getting close to her 100lbs as well.   She is very excited and has worked very hard.  It hasn't taken her quite as long as my other member, but she is a bit younger and more agile, and extremely focused.

I get to help people change their lives and I honestly couldn't be more thrilled with their stories. 

Though I got the 100lb award, I really couldn't help but want to hand it off to my member who did all the work.  But I was encouraged to keep it as a reminder of what I get to do. 

So, I will wear it proudly while sharing the honors with my members!

Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment