Monday, October 10, 2011

Holiday gearing....

I can't believe we are nearing the middle of October. OCTOBER!!!

Though we have some decorations up, I have no motivation for this years costume, which means something is coming out of the closet.

I still have thoughts of My Fair Lady, however, always get stopped at the hat. I can fumble through making a dress, but have no thoughts on where to begin with a hat as big as that.

And as I had to walk sideways through parties last year with my curtain rod, I am not sure I want a repeat with head gear.

But Halloween is undoubtedly my favorite time of year.

My favorite Halloween season was in New England where the pumpkins lined the streets of those historic streets. People live so quaintly back there.

Also this time of year there is a smell in the air that is distinctly "cozy". Peoples attitudes start changing as we slide into what I call Merry Thanksgive-o-ween.

At Halloween, people are eager. By the time we hit Christmas: the joy is all but gone, and burnout starts to settle in, as do the nasty attitudes.

Therefore, Halloween is my favorite holiday. It would just be more favorite with a great costume.

But nonetheless, I will enjoy the feeling I get as I step outside and there is a chill in the air. And I will do my best to make it a fun and creative season for my kids.

After all...with more weekends free, we will actually have time.

Yay us.

Happy Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment