Friday, June 1, 2012

Unfinished brain power

So, I'm listening to Mark and Brian this morning and they crack me up. 
I remember as a kid, my brother would listen to them.  So they have been around a while.  My alarm is set to their station, so when I get up; there they are.

It's funny to think they have been around so long and they are still relevant.  Today they were talking about a book that is risque to say the least.  It's a very hot read, apparently, and they are having a ball with this fact.

It's amazing how certain figures can influence your decisions and choices.  If someone says something about a product and portrays it as a "Can't live without", that usually seals the deal.  Isn't it funny how easily influenced we are.

Because of them suggesting this book, I went out and bought NOT ONE...but TWO of them.  I gifted the other to my girlfriend.

I have yet to read it.  I have a stack of books that are looking for my attention.  I buy them with vigor and intention; I may even read a few pages.....and then I set the book aside; usually to get lost so I can find it later.

The last series I read was Twilight (maybe 2 years ago).  And before that It was Eat Pray Love in 2007.  That is how often I actually complete a book!!!  But I refuse to get rid of them, because I SWEAR, I will read them!!!  (or so I tell myself).

It's not to say I don't read.  I read TONS.  It's just usually informative material, papers from my kids, magazine articles etc.....  And of course the Internet.  Posts, articles, etc.....

As a matter of fact, I'm sure I read more than a book a day with all I see.

I don't mind that I don't have the brain power to read a book.  What I mind is that it sits unfinished in the back of my mind ever so slightly draining my brainpower little by little, like a leaking pipe.  I know it is there and it is unfinished.  That is what bothers me.

I once read that unfinished tasks are like boxes in your mind waiting for closure.  The more that you don't finish, the more they occupy your brain until you finish what you set out to do.  
Can you relate?  It sounds (and feels) exhausting just saying it!

It's no wonder we get tired sometimes.  I'm sure I'm not alone in the unfinished areas of our lives.  And it's no wonder that I "squirrel" out millions of times a day.  My brain is going in so many different directions it's hard to focus.

But that's okay.  I don't have time to beat myself up over it.  I have more important things to do. 

I will, however get to that book!!!

It's just a matter of when......

Happy Friday

No comments:

Post a Comment