Tuesday, June 19, 2012

misc stuff

This is one of those mornings, I want to start by saying, "I got nuthin".

Not feeling very passionate about much.  I guess that is bound to happen at some point, right?

I'm listening to Mark and Brian talk about weddings and the obscene costs.  I'm actually reflecting on my own wedding (nearly 14 years ago).

I didn't understand it then and I don't understand it now, how people will spend so much money (usually more than they have) on just one day of your life!

We had a modest wedding and I'm still happy with our choice.

Chris and I bought a house before we got married, so we definitely had perspective.  I will not lie when I say the best investment was in the photographer!!

I look back at my pictures and we have very nice pictures of Chris' grandma and my father, who are both deceased now.  He captured special moments between me and my dad and I treasure those more than anything.

I think it is misplaced when a bride will spend $3500 on a dress, yet try to get a photographer for $1500.  Those figures should be swapped (excuse me for saying so).

But to each his own.  I'm just giving my perspective.  I suppose if you chince on the dress, and its ugly, it doesn't matter WHO is taking the pictures, does it??  LOL

We can all rationalize any choice we make, can't we.  After all....we aren't rational.....we rationalize! 

Did you know that the divorce rate is 50%??? 

Oh...okay, we won't go there.

I think it is important to have perspective.  Most of us have hindsight, which is totally different.  I live in hindsight.  I make no secret of it.  I have already designed a shirt that says, "I live in hindsight".  It's written on the back so you can't see it.  Only those who live it get the humor......

But whatever......

Today is kickoff for dance rehearsals...  I just went over the list to make sure I know where each kid is going to go.  It is going to be a super busy next 2 weeks.

At this time, I will take it one day at a time.  If I think too much about it, my head will start to spin and pop off.

I hope your day is great.

Like I said...I got nuthin.....

Happy Tuesday

No comments:

Post a Comment