Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Day One

YEP......I'm at the computer.  SHOCKER, I know.  But my goal is to be efficient!
The show went off without a hitch.  At somepoint, I clocked out, because before I knew it, it was over and I was kind of sad.

It went so fast. 

I was there from 2-10.  I shot about 4,500 pictures between rehearsal and show.

My shoulder is feeling the effects of the night, but I'll be more conscious of it as the week goes on.

Tonite is the brunt of Aspen's shows.  Last night, she was only in one dance and it was well recieved.  I wish that dance was on more than once....  It's a cool dance.

The theme of the event is Celebrate.  It's been 20 years for the studio.  We have been there about 7 or 8 of those.  So to see the testimonials and see how the kids have grown brought me to tears more than once.

At one point, I looked over at another mom and saw her wiping her tears.  I started laughing at what Saps we are, and I found comfort that I wasn't alone.

I cry at everything.  I'm an easy target.  It's at every sad movie, my kids will turn to see if the waterworks have started.  Sometimes they even bring my tissues!! LOL

I don't know when I got so emotional in my life.  I'm thinking it's kids and life experiences, and losing a father and even some friends.

Life becomes richer when you realize how precious it is.  And when you try to absorb every last minute, it's easy to become emotional.

I count my days in moments, not hours.  It seems to be more enjoyable that way.  

As I go into this upcoming week, I know I will get tired, but I also know I'll be eating up the moments.

It's so cute to see grandparents gathering for their wee little grandchildren.  It's awesome to walk back stage and feel the energy is charged with excitement and anticipation.  I love walking in the dressing rooms and seeing costumes and makeup scattered and piled into every available space.  I love watching the older girls help the younger girls.

Aspen was supposed to show up yesterday makeup on and ready to go.  But as the makeup details were just a little foggy to me, I told her to bring her stuff and I just knew that someone could help her.  Good thing I did that, because they did NOT do what I was told.....  But she was fine. 

I'll be talking a lot about dance this week.  When you are a dancers parent, you become consumed.   But when you are the photographer, and a habitual people watcher and life observer...... let's just say there's a lot of material coming my way!

Happy Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment