Saturday, June 23, 2012

7 hours of contemplation

A Day OFF???

What is that?  I'm sure I have heard of it before, as it sounds familiar....but I am not sure what to do with it??

I got to sleep in this morning all the way until 7:10 am.  May not sound like a lot, but just the fact that I didn't have to wake to an alarm is awesome!!

I came home way later than I wanted last night.  The girls had rehearsal until about 7.  As I didn't really need to be there, I was going to leave.  But when you have about 50 of your closest friends around you..... makes it difficult.

I'm kind of social and I like to see what is going on.  I got this "nosey" gene from my mom (thanks mom).  So, I kept popping in and out of different areas to see what was up.

I still haven't seen much of my kids dances.   Part of me wants to keep that as a surprise.  I remember last year, seeing Aspen dance her ballet piece for the first time and it moved me to tears. 

I like surprises, so I don't want to ruin it by watching their rehearsals over and over.

I did honestly try to leave the studio from 3pm on.....  But one thing led to another and I kept volunteering myself here and there and having fun all the while, so I stuck around.

As the 7 o'clock hour approached and Avery was all done dancing, I was ready to go.  But I decided since they wanted to stay, I would run a quick trip to Costco, pick up a pizza and some otherthings and come back and get them.  Surely they would be ready to leave by then........   NOT!

Now, at 8pm, I'm packed up and in the car and ready to go.  But one of the teachers said, "Hang on.... don't leave yet"....  So I sat in my car for about 5 minutes (car's on fumes, I need to hit the gas station so now I am getting nervous) and finally turn off the car and go in search... 

Found the teacher who was grabbed by another to do a quick video clip for upcoming events....  So I wait. 

After that is done, I'm in the parking lot (still waiting on the one teacher) and another comes out and starts talking.  At that point, the studio starts getting closed up and two more come out.  And then one more.... 

So, here we are at the parking lot, now 8:30 and start chatting about various things.  The kids have the keys to my car, so the music is playing and they have decided to choreograph a dance in the parking lot to the music playing in my car.

The adult conversation goes from studio stuff, to recital stuff, to kid stuff, to parenting stuff, to whatever is under the sun stuff.  Conversation is easy because we all have a lot in common...... kids!

And to have the kids occupied so the adults can 'chat' is a rare moment indeed, so we all take advantage - despite our fatigue.

Finally, just after 10, we call it a night.  For me, it's only been 7 hours since I tried to leave, no big deal.  But then again, that is what is so great about the studio.  I didn't end up leaving, but I had all great moments.  Whether, helping, chatting, commiserating, whatever.  It was really nice. 

I'm all for great energy.  And as it can be hard to come by sometimes....  I'll take it when I can get it.

Here's to a day "off" full of relaxation and peace!

Happy Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment