Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Food is fuel!!!

I am so thankful I'm feeling human today.  I had so little energy yesterday, I thought I was getting the flu.  Every joint ached and my muscles felt like there was led running through.  To move was quite the effort.

We tend to take our bodies for granted, that is for sure.  We demand high but offer it nothing so it can produce with effeciency.  Yet still we demand.

Food is definitely fuel.  And I know for a fact this weekend I didn't have near enough good stuff.  Water included.  I'm sure what I was feeling yesterday was the effects of dehydration.  So I spent my day drinking as much as possible; and taking vitamins and resting.

Every movement took effort and my brain was in a complete fog.

But what is interesting to me is that I had a photo session in the late afternoon.  And regardless how my body tortured me all day, I didn't feel a thing while I was shooting.  It didn't even enter my head how I spent my day practically laid out.

And when I got back in the car, it started creeping back up to the surface.

Strange, huh?

Our body simply responds to need.  As I didn't "need" to do much yesterday, I played through my reserve mode and rested most of the day.  And as I "Needed" to photograph my clients, my body gave me what I needed.

I'm just bewildered, because I am so aware now of how I need to take better care of my body. 

One thing I realized over the last few years is when I exercise regularly, my body responds so much better - to everything!!!

I once heard Dr. Oz say, "Disease isn't the problem....FRAILTY is the problem". 

We don't take care of ourselves and we push harder and harder and harder until we collapse into illness.  Sound familiar???

So, yesterday, I went to Costco and loaded up on good healthy foods to support my body.  The blueberries are AMAZING  right now and they can go in literally anything (including chicken salad sandwiches).  Peaches, avocados,lean proteins and LOTS of water!!  Afterall, our bodies are made up of more than 50% water.....  And it helps flush out toxins in your body (like wine.... LOL)

If I'm going to be expecting a lot from this body of mine, I darned well better give it the fuel it needs.

Afterall, you wouldn't try to fill your car up with sand, and hope it would run, would you?  Yet we do!

Weight Watchers calls them the Power Foods.  I call them fuel for the body!  And this week, I'll be stocking up, as well as getting in my exercise.....

I definitely don't want to feel like I did on Monday anytime soon!!!!

Happy Tuesday

No comments:

Post a Comment