Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Summer lovin'

So this is it for Aspen.  Today is her last day in 6th grade.  Where did the year go???

It seems just yesterday my heart was in my throat about her 'new' experience and how 'she' would handle it.

As it turned out, I handled it worse than her.  She was totally fine.  She took to it like a duck to water.

Her experience this last year has been a great one.  She met new friends and did very well in all her classes.  Honestly, I couldn't be prouder.  I hate when I worry for nothing!!!

Avery has another day to go.  Today is "game" day for her.  She is bringing some of our games to school.  I hope they make it back home.  You know kids!!!

Not sure what I have planned for summer!!  Oh - right - NOTHING!!

At this point the kids will be flopping around like fish all summer.  Oh well, what can you do?

Actually, we do have plans this summer....wait for it.....wait for it....

DANCE

Girls will be taking classes to keep up on their 'skillz'.

They are at an age where a summer can make or break their placement for the upcoming year.  And as Aspen just got on Point, I don't think she will let us sit around and 'relax' for summer!

I was thinking of contacting the dance studio and asking if I can rent a room their for the summer and just drop the girls and pick them up on August.  They love the place so much why not, right?  Actually, it's a tall building.  If they plan it right, they can build a few lofts and throw some bunks up there!!  (Only joking on a very  minor level).  I'd probably stay there myself! 

I already have had a few overnighters there.  Didn't get much sleep, but I didn't think that was the point!!!

This year at the studio we say good bye to a couple of amazing dancers.  Bittersweet I tell ya!!
For recital this year, they have a dance that starts out in Cap and Gowns.  As I watched them run it through last night, I got choked up watching them walk on stage.

Goodbyes are so hard, I swear!

One of the former students came back and sat in on the dance.  It was so great to see her.  People leave the studio for college, but come back whenever they can, because they want to!!  It's such a part of their lives and as witnessed many times, they are always welcomed back with open arms because they are part of the MVDPAC family.  I just love it!

So to put the kids in dance this summer is a no brainer!  I just need to talk to Jena about building those lofts!  I'll even donate the beds!

Happy Wednesday

No comments:

Post a Comment