Saturday, June 2, 2012

up and away

Lately, it seems all I can think about is sitting on the couch, vegging and watching TV.   I think about it, because it has become a rare luxury.  I think I'm longing to be "bored".

Haven't been that in a long time!

I was up at 6am baking banana bread to take to competition today.  We decided at the last minute to spend the night down there, so as to not have to rush to come back the next day.  This amplified my nights activities, because now I had to add packing to my list, which meant laundry, which was no where close to being done!

To compound it, I have a session this morning, so I have to make sure I'm ready to go, car packed by 9am, because when the session is done, I'm off to Pomona.

I'm so glad my girls are more self sufficient.  If I had to do this when they were 5 and 6, I am sure I would be pulling my hair out.  But at the time they went to bed last night, they were packed and ready to go.

It's nice that they are organized enough to pull it together.  I seriously couldn't do it alone!
Now, I just need to train them how to pack up the car without my help!!

I'm looking forward to spending the night down there.  As we are competing (Moms Dance) tomorrow, we will need all the practice we can get.  I have the music ready to go, and the dance in my head.  Just need to go over it a bunch of times and PRAY that nerves don't kill the last few months of efforts!! 

It's amazing how just a few butterflies can get in the way.  But on some levels I don't think I have this routine down as "Rote" in my brain (or body). 

This is my first stage appearance in this realm.  If my knees got a little shaky performing in front of some of the kids....what am I in for with an arena full of strangers AND JUDGES!!!

But I won't focus on that.  I will do my best to coach ME as well as I would coach my kids in the same situation. "Don't worry about anything, you got this...just do your best and that is all that matters!"

Hopefully "I" will listen to what I have to say......

Happy Saturday

No comments:

Post a Comment