Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Wedding with Maggie the dog

So, yesterday I got to shoot a wedding.  On the beach.  In Del Mar.  Two hours in and out.

It was a second marriage and it was perfectly adorable.

I had never met these people face to face.  That was the only thing I was nervous about.  I get a better sense of people and what to shoot after I meet them.  However, this wasn't a luxury this time.  So my over the phone conversations were as good as it was going to get.

When I went down there, I was greeted by the groom, who was not happy that I parked out on the main road.  He wanted me behind the gates, called me sweety and directed me around.  When I walked up to shake his hand, he gave me a hug.  Wow....this is gonna be great!!!

When I went in to the house where the small group was waiting, I was introduced to each "player" in the wedding.  There were only 8 people.  The closest/bestest if you will.

It consisted of the grooms best friend and his wife; the grooms two sons,  and his boss and boss' wife.

And Maggie.  The dog.

Maggie was a beautiful golden lab.  She had brown eyes, and I swear, a smile on her face.  She was awesome.  She would be on the beach with us.

Maggie got a ride to the beach with the rest of the crew (minus the bride and groom and us).

Julie and I followed the bride and groom as they walked the short block and a half to the beach.

It was so cute watching them walk together.  He wore a white button down shirt and she wore a beautiful, yet simple, Nicole Miller dress.  They would both be donned in flip flops for the ceremony.

As we walked over to the beach, people stopped and smiled.  They congratulated them along the way. 

As we got to the beach, I was aware of dogs all over the place.  Their location was just south of the dog beach (a great invention by the way).  I believe it was so Maggie could join them. 

The set up was very simple.  Two sons, an amp a guitar a microphone and the guests.  The day was perfect.  Sunny and pleasant with a slight wind.

The bride stood there with her beautiful bouquet in one hand and her husband-to-be in the other.  She smiled and laughed the whole time.

As they started the ceremony, the sons started playing and singing.  It was so sweet.  They were in their late teens/early twenties. 

When the vows were spoken, the groom teared  up.  He loves this woman so much.  As she spoke hers she had the same reaction.  It was very touching.  His boss officiated the ceremony.  Everyone there had a part. 

As they kissed, we took pictures and gathered everyone together.  Then we dismissed the main group and I held on to the bride and grooom for a few short minutes.  They had a limo to catch to take them to Laguna Beach for dinner.  The place where he proposed.

All in all, it was a very touching two hours.  Everyone there had a purpose and meant the world to the bride and groom.

Maggie was a hit in all the pictures.

Everyone was happy.

I got paid to do this!

Jealous??

I love my job!!

Happy Wednesday





No comments:

Post a Comment