Friday, May 25, 2012

Leap of Faith

Funny things happen when you take a long time to make a decision.  It took me a year to decide Thursday nights needed to be changed.  I stayed for my members, I stayed out of fear that I would lose other meetings, I just really hemmed and hawed about it.

My photography business is where I need to focus my attention; it's my passion.  And I owe it to my family to move forward with it.

I will continue the rest of my schedule with Weight Watchers.  I haven't made any other changes.

Now, quitting one night may not sound like a big deal; after all it's just one night. However, what it represents is more the point.

With my kids being young it was easy to stay focused in one area.  But as the kids get older, it's more important that I position myself for greater things.  I have been approached by multiple people who wonder why I am not photographing full time.  I had to stop and start asking myself that same question.

It's a life change.  I'm smack dab in the middle of it! 

Life changes are hard.  They literally redirect the course of your life.  This could go good....or bad!  (I am anticipating good, of course!!)

Ever hear the saying 'A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush'?? (Who comes up with these sayings????)

Well, the truth is, Weight Watchers has been 'a bird in the hand'.   Photography is "Two in the bush".

Crazy, huh?  I haven't been ready to take the plunge.  But now is the time.

As I left my last meeting yesterday, I had a sense of calm.   Everything will be all right.  I have total confidence.

Now, that doesn't mean that everything will go exactly as I hope.  But I do believe that whatever happens.....everything will be all right!

That, my friends....is faith.

Happy Friday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment