Sunday, May 6, 2012

Ren Faire!!!

We are supposed to be going to the Ren Faire today.  Costume is made (at least for one) and the date has been set.  We have been looking forward to this for months as we do every year.

However.....everyone is still asleep.

This is what happens when your schedule takes over your life.

For some reason, I am always the first to rise.  Many times Avery is the second.  (the ones who get tired and cranky the most). 

The quick witted, non-nappers are still asleep. 

Though I am very looking forward to today, I'm feeling the weight of my hectic schedule and the normal bouncing out of bed to "Let's get going!"  has been replaced by more of a "I guess we should start getting ready....." feeling.

I know soon, I will have to go in and wake them both up.  Chris got home at God knows what time, because he was playing a show. 

And even though we got home at a reasonable hour after our shows (with the girls), when we got home Aspen was full of energy and couldn't calm herself to rest (just like her daddy).

Now, this morning, we are paying the piper for our late night.

Thankfully the day is overcast.  As it usually gets hot out there, we will likely benefit from the marine layer hanging over our heads. 

We have been going to the Ren Faire for many years.  As I like to dress up; this is a place with my name all over it!!  I live by the personal belief that we should all be in character as much as possible.  I can be myself anyday!  But to play someone else....how fun would that be???

The kids and I agree on this!!!  So when we go, it's just so much fun. 

So, I hope your Sunday is full of fun and "character".   I raise my glass to you and say, "Huzah!!!!"

Happy Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment