Friday, May 4, 2012

Mental pictures and Mental breakdowns

Business is booming!  I'm so excited.  With that comes a harried schedule; my every minute of my day is scheduled between now and Monday.  I'm seriously hoping to get it all done.  I'm literally evaluating how much sleep I really need a night.  Last night I got 6 and I'm feeling okay so far!

With the schedule comes the mental vacation.  I'm not a type A personality.  One of my girlfriends is, and she's a machine!  There is no one else like her.  She is always going, building her business and thinking (clearly) about all the options and opportunities around her.  It absolutely blows my mind!

I'm the kind of person who needs some serious downtime in  between all the chaos.

For some reason I have been thinking about Los Angeles.  We live near so many vacation spots and day trips and it's a little sad that those places remain so far from reach.

I remember when I was a kid, I graduated from High School and was to start a full time job at a bank that following Monday.  My mom and dad drove us into LA to the garment district, and I was outfitted with 5 beautiful business outfits.  I remember walking through the garment district completely overwhelmed with all the stores that were crammed together.

In the past 5 years, I have been to LA twice.  Once to take the girls to El Capitan Theater to see Enchanted, and the other to take the kids to downtown LA to see the walk of stars and Graumanns Chinese Theater.  Both times we had an amazing time!!!  Why don't we go there more often?

I can literally remember every time I went there and I have fond memories of it all.

There is so much available in a small area; Griffith Observatory, the Hollywood sign, Universal Studios, Mullholland Drive, Walk of Fame,  Sunset Strip, Historical places like Philippes, Olvera street, Garment District, Hollywood Bowl, Theaters, etc....  It's such an eclectic crazy place. 

I don't know why I'm being pulled North, but I'm itching to go there for a day.  Granted, I won't get that day for a month or so, but I'll get there.

If I don't take a break, I will start to break down.  It all starts with the mental picture in my mind.  Then it becomes more of a need, then it becomes a last minute "Squirrel" when I'm supposed to be getting something else done.

Squirrels are great, but at this moment in time, I have had so many squirrels going on that I have a bunch of fabric sitting on my dining room table dying to be turned into a renaissance dress and very VERY few hours left to get it done.  I will need a lot of "P" to get it done.  Prayers, patience and persistence.  But I'm determined.

So if you have a few minutes in your day, throw a prayer my way.  Because in my busy schedule I think I literally have 8 hours in the next two days to throw down to get this dress done.  It could be more hours if I give up more sleep.

I can always sleep when I'm dead though.....right???

Happy Friday

No comments:

Post a Comment