Friday, May 18, 2012

Opportunities...

The beautiful weather is working its magic on me. I'm really excited going into this weekend.  The girls have competition in San Diego.  I love San Diego for MANY reasons!!!  First, my aunt and cousins are down there. 

When I was a kid, and I got my license and car; the first place I went....was south.  To San Diego.  I would drive south, end up somewhere in Encinitas, pull over, call my mom, ask for my aunts number (at which point my mother would say...."Where ARE you?") and I would call Aunt Mary and ask if she was around!!

She always was.

She worked at a mall in Grossmont center and there have been many a time I would walk into her work, and say hi.  Then drive home.  Didn't need to linger, just connect.

Second, there is something fun yet casual about San Diego.  It's different than L.A.  In L.A. there is more of a formal feeling.  I mean, if you run into a star, aren't you going to wanna be made up?
The night life in L.A. is different too.  A little more high strung and pretentious.

But San Diego is all about the good life.  Relaxing, fun, beautiful....just perfect!!

I love where we live, because honestly, we could go from the beach to the slopes all in one day!  We live in a great area!!  Both San Diego and L.A. are a short hour or so away!

With this weather, being so beautiful lately, I'm feeling the itch to go in all directions.  There is so much to explore.

It always cracked me up, because my aunt has 3 children.  They don't have the travel bug like we do in my family.  I could never imagine in a million years them calling saying, "Hey we were in the area....".  I'm laughing just thinking about it.

But they are always very welcoming when we come visit.

I guess I just can't imagine someone living in this area, with all it has to offer and NOT get the itch to go play!!

If I have a chance to get to the beach for dinner on a week night, I'm all over it.

And when I have a photoshoot at the beach, I linger.... because I can!!!

I'm really looking forward to the summer when I can take some time with the girls and just hang.

This next month and a half is the hardest part of the year for me.  Lots of shooting and computer time.  Lots of back and forth to the studio for rehearsals.  End of year activities.

With all that anticipation under my belt, I will take advantage of every "down" minute I have.

The beautiful weather, is just the reminder that I need to do so!

Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment