Saturday, May 5, 2012

Sewing what????

Crazy.

Most defnitely crazy!

I know!

But when you set out to do something, you need to see it through, or at least give it your best effort!  That is what I tell myself anyways!

I have always had a passion for sewing.  Never good at it.  The only class I took was in high school and I sewed together two impossible and incompatible fabrics.....and I got a C in the class.  And I struggled all the way through.  I used to sit and watch one of the girls hand sew her project, effortlessly, while sitting in the only rocking chair in the class.  I hated her!  I'm sure she earned the rocking chair, but nonetheless her presence made me feel sorely inadequate.   Did I mention that I hated her?  Well, her ability anyways.......

But despite my C, I still enjoyed the process and I loved the outcome.  And I'm so thankful to the teacher who helped me muddle through the class.  I'm sure when she saw my choice of fabrics (white linen and red jersey material), she probably shuttered.....but she didn't say a word.   And I got it done.

Since the kids were little I sewed stuff.  I made a cape and skirt for Aspen (always a costume).  Since then I have made multiple capes, and dresses and even sewed my own Carol Burnett "gone with the wind" costume for Halloween.  As long as you don't get too close, it's a pretty good job.  And people could at least identify me, so that was good, right???

In this instance with this particular costume I am working on, I spent way more on the fabric than I anticipated.  But we really thought it through and picked it out together.  We picked out the pattern, together.  So to finish this is important on more level than one.

But if I could take one thing off my plate and postpone it.....this would probably be it.

Totally my fault for waiting so long.  Welcome to my life of procrastination. 

But hopefully with a little perseverance and tenacity, I will see it through. 

I'd like to say 'pictures to follow', but I'm not going blow smoke at this time.

Wish me luck!

Happy Saturday

No comments:

Post a Comment