Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Being judged

I did it.  I put myself out there.  I don't do that very often.  As a matter of fact, I HATE the thought; but I did it.  We'll see what happens.

I submitted my work for consideration in a magazine.  It's a contest.

I do my best NOT to be judged, I try really hard not to judge others.  And here I just through myself in front of a bus and I'm waiting to see if I get hit.  And I think in this case I actually WANT to get hit.

What a wierd feeling.

I have been told for years to enter competitions for my work.   When you enter competitions with photography, usually there is a critique and a score.  Based on that information you can build from there.  This is where you learn.

It has been my intention, for years, to enter.  But in fine fashion, I have gotten too busy to do so and usually miss the deadline.  Until now......

I guess we will see what happens.  But in this case, my work could end up in a magazine.  THAT would be cool, wouldn't it.  To actually be published!!!  (I have been published before but it's been a few years).

Many of the photographers who tour have entered competitions, won and gotten recognition.  Sponsor support them, and they get paid to do it.  How cool would that be? 

But you have to start somewhere.  And for me, that somewhere is now.  With a competition.  To be judged.  Which I hate. 

Growth means being uncomfortable.  Growth means doing it anyway. 

Hopefully, I will get at least a little recognition.  But if I don't, I might be a little more critical at what I submit.  When you throw yourself into a crowd, you will have to hope to be seen.  In this case, I think that would be a good thing.

But I guess the judges will let me know....... or not.

Fingers crossed.

Happy Tuesday

No comments:

Post a Comment