Sunday, May 27, 2012

Long Blog....

Finally taking a minute.  We are throwing a last minute brunch for family and my house is in need of.....well, let's just say it's in need!  And as my kids spent the night with their cousin, and hubby is busy preparing the food, because that is what he does; I'm picking up and fixing that which is 'in need'.

Brunch is a funny thing.  Who ever thought of it?  Are we supposed to eat breakfast before brunch?  And if not, what happens if you wake up at 6:30am like I do and brunch isn't until 11?  I always wondered the brilliance of the idea.  But whatever.   The time just seemed to fit, so we did it!  My little brother wants to leave by noon, and a 10ish brunch fits the bill.

I love when we do these things, because my husband is such a foodie, he wants to make sure everyone is fed.  So on the menu today is omelettes, overnight french toast, cheesey hash browns, bacon, sausage and I'm topping it off with banana bread, which is baking now. 

And as always he says, "I'm not sure we're gonna have enough food".  Cracks me up every time!

I told him there is always cereal, so fear not.  I know at least two of us who are happy to jump on the Cinnamon Life bandwagon!

As I was getting ready this morning, I had to finish up final dishes.  Chris was still asleep, so it was just me and the dogs.  Kara always stares at me intently, in case I shift from dishes to food.  Somehow she has become such a beggar!!   As I finish the dishes, she is propped in the dining room eyes fixed on me.  I turn off the water and as I approach her with wet hands, she is already squinting.  She knows....  I step closer, she drops her nose a bit, and I flick her with water. 

She is pretty well trained that I'm going to do it. It just cracks me up that she doesn't run away.  She just sits there and takes it from me!  That's family, I guess, right???

So, the dishes are done, floor swept, and one table cleared off.  Just need to work the next.  I'm hoping we have enough room for everyone.  My cousin and her son are coming as well and he may be bringing his girlfriend.  We may have to squeeze into the back yard.  But it's a beautiful day, so I may jockey for my position before anyone gets here.  (is that rude?)

It's been a nice weekend so far.   Last week I was jonesing to go to L.A. and this week we got the chance!!  We walked up to the Hollywood sign with Mic and family.  It was so nice.  As we walked up the hill, "Uncle Michael and Aunt Christine" told stories about Bode Ghost Town (where we plan to go this summer).  The girls were intrigued with the stories and begged for more. 

I swear, I'm ready to sell the house and just start camping across america.  Every time we take a road trip, my girls are so great to engage in the surroundings.  But when with family, and hearing stories, it is just a richer experience.  I love being a fly on the wall!!!  I flashed back to when I was a kid with my aunts and uncles.  They were always full of stories.  My aunts are instrumental in my cooking abilities.  I learned a lot from them!

So, suffice it to say, I'm glad we are getting together this morning.  Family is awesome and I am thankful to be able to invite them for a great meal (that I'm not cooking).  LOL

Happy Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment