Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Fundraisers and angry kids

Another week of pressure filled schedules and kids who are mad at me.

I thought I backed off my schedule.  How did this happen again?

I'm literally booked every minute this week.  I don't mind being booked, but when the realization hits is when that one last person or event tries to squeak it's way in to my schedule and I literally don't have anywhere to put it!

Apparently our school is having a fundraiser at FARRELL's.  And t sweeten the pot; the teachers are doing the serving!!  Sounds like fun, huh???  It just so happens the hours of their availability, are not my availability.  And it just so happens a certain little red head is not understanding of this and she is not happy about it.

Typical he said/she said.  Only in this case, it's a she said/she said! 

Her request:  Can we PLEASE just go for a LITTLE bit???
My response: I don't have the time to get there!
Her understanding: Mom just doesn't want to take me.

That poor kid spends a lot of time being mad at me.  She just left the house in a huff and wouldn't kiss me good bye. 

Oh....I can't wait until she has kids of her own.  That's all I have to say about that one.......

These fundraisers make my life hell sometimes.  This isn't the first time I have had issue with it.

Now, I'm not opposed to giving the school money.  I donate between my services, financial donations, food donations, product donations at least (at LEAST) $500 a year.  I hold a photography fundraiser at the beginning of the year for the last 5 years. 

The problem is, when I do the math for these restaurant fundraisers they don't make sense.  I will spend $20 and the school will get $2.  I would rather just give the school $2 or even $5 and save myself $15.

For that matter; they should send out a flyer that says, "Either go to Farrell's or give us a few bucks directly".  I'd buy into that!!!  I'm sure I would still have to fight my kid on the restaurant side of it, but at least I could negotiate another choice with her and make a lesson out of it.

But, whatever.   Truth is, if my schedule wasn't so full, I would likely make the same decision not to go.  But, what do I know?  I'm just a stupid mom who doesn't even deserve a kiss goodbye!
Happy Wednesday

No comments:

Post a Comment