Thursday, May 17, 2012

Season Finales

I keep reading posts on facebook about "Season Finale" episodes.  And for some reason, it's making me sad!! And last night I got an invitation for the "End of the year Pool Party".

GASP........

I am not opposed to summer......Just not ready for it!  I don't know what I need to be ready for, exactly......but I'm not ready.

I think it feels like it came so fast, that it's literally an "abrupt" ending....  I didn't steal the kids to Disneyland as much as I wanted.  We didn't go to the beach for dinner at our local hang out as much as I wanted.  Once or twice to be exact.  My heart feels the heavy sigh.....

How does life get in the way so much, that we just can't get away for fun?  Not even for a few hours?  What the heck????

As I reflect back, I can see the little things that got in the way.  And though we did take a week in Puerto Vallarta, that is not what I'm talking about.

It's the steal away moments.

Heck, I haven't even been in my back yard that much this year, and I have a relaxing back yard with a great view.

Is THIS what happens as we get older?  The kids get so busy and we get so wrapped up in 'whatever' that we can't take time to smell the roses???

Well then, I would like to get off this ride!  I would like the E-ticket please!!!

I tried to take the kids out on a Wednesday to Disneyland.  It was a GREAT DAY.......  and then I got a note from one of the teachers that "Absence is affecting your child's grade".  GAHHHHH......like a punch to the stomach!!!

And I don't want to do it all during the summer, because EVERYONE does it in the summer!!!  I HATE CROWDS!!!!

So as I sit here reflecting on what I have missed, I am also looking forward with anxiety that I have a short period of time to steal my children away and have a few more nice times, before the crazy crowds of summer come in and blow my plans out of the water!!!

Summer is great, but only when there aren't a million people crowding you.

I'll get through this, I know I will.....I'm just sad that most of the year has passed.  The reason it makes me so sad, is if I went back, there is nothing that could change.  I think it is that realization that is killing me.

I guess I will just have to get more creative.

Happy Thursday

No comments:

Post a Comment