Saturday, July 21, 2012

Reunion day

I got up at 6 and I already feel like I'm running behind.

Today is the reunion at the park.  T W E N T Y  F I V E  Y E A R S..............

And though it is very low key, my mind is racing with this and that, and I'm putting more stuff on my plate, so there ya go.  I'm behind.

I didn't officially sign up for this job.  I simply asked, "Are we meeting for our 25th?"..... and just like that - I was elected.

I did have a little help.  But to be honest, the whole thing was put together in a few calls.  It is seriously nothing fancy.

I know people will complain, but it is what it is at this point.  A day at the park with families; and a night at a bar with just the adults.

Easy peasy.

I'm not one for pomp and circumstance.  As a matter of fact my attire includes a pair of ripped shorts, because I didn't have time to shop for anything new.  - Attractive, no?

In reunion's of past, it was awkward.  You would say, "HI!!!  So...what have you been up to these last years".  And people would tell you.

Now with Facebook, we know so much more about each other and in the last 5 years I have gained more 'friendships' than classmates.  I know who's a good cook; what vacations people took (and who they went with).  I know who has children and their names and ages (if I can remember).

My thought for the day is this will be a very comfortable gathering.  (or those are my high hopes).

I know some people will get nervous, but within minutes (and maybe a little liquid courage),  conversations will be flowing in no time.

Also, for the day, the kids will be there (sans mine).  So it will be a nice distraction from the nerves if anyone has any.

I made cookies to share.  Not sure what's going on for lunch.  Everyone is bringing their own stuff.  But it should be fun.

Tonite we will gather at a local bar and hang some more.

It is said that Facebook is killing the reunion 'business'.  I can see how that can be the case.  People are so used to seeing each other that it negates the need for a formal gathering.

However, in my opinion, you can post as many pictures as you'd like.  It doesn't replace the face to face interaction; the sounds of actual conversation and laughter....or a hug.

Today will be fun.  I'm looking forward to seeing whomever decides to show.  And if it's only one or two people....we'll have plenty to talk about!

Happy Saturday

No comments:

Post a Comment