Monday, July 23, 2012

Hiding and writing

Guess where I am? Go ahead...guess..... In Palm Desert...in a hotel room....sitting on the bathroom floor.....writing my blog.... This is a first. Why? You ask? Because outside this door are 5 other bodies. Sleeping. And the light from my ipad illumintaes the room and i fear is just a little too much brightness, and I don't want to wake anyone, because I HATE being woken up before I absolutely have to get out of bed. And as light will wake ME from sleep, I fear it will do the same for others....so I am sitting next to the toilet on the floor in the bathroom with the door closed. Yes, I am weird. We have a busy day scheduled that will start shortly. I am with a girlscout leader and four girlscouts, and we are celebrating their end of the year and are headed to Soak city today. I was just here a few weeks ago with dance competitions. And I won't lie.... The thought of leaving this place brought me great joy, because sweltering heat does nothing for me. So to be back wasn't exactly what I looked forward to. But to spend the day in the water will at least make it a little more bearable. These girls have known each other since Kindergarten. It is really nice to see them all come together and pick up like no time has passed. Thanks to dance and other activities; we hardly see these girls. So it is really nice that they can have a weekend. Of time to get together and act like kids. So though I won't be looking forward to the heat -OR wearing a bathing suit; I will look forward to spending a day doing something I would never otherwise plan for myself. And I will enjoy the TONs O FUN these kids will have today. This girlscout leader happens to be a good friend. So I will further enjoy catching up with her, while I dunk her head under the water. Happy Monday

No comments:

Post a Comment