Monday, July 2, 2012

Endings and beginnings

We did it!  Got through all the rehearsals and all the shows.  I even shot and danced through vertigo.  I am pretty impressed with myself on that one!!!

It was a very emotional good bye.  The seniors knew it was their last recital and it was very apparent that this second home of theirs means a lot!

It's so hard to close a chapter of your life and move forward.  We are so comfortable in the "now" that we can't fathom what the future has to hold.

These girls are part of the fabric of the studio.  I have watched them grow for the last 8 years I have been there and I have photographed them every year!  To think about not seeing them around tugs at my heartstrings. 

That said, I want to reflect back on the good examples they have been to the many children at MVDance!! 

Last year, Aspen got Emma as a "big sister" and she was over the moon about it. 

These girls have been caring, compassionate, kind, encouraging, responsible and inspiring.  Many of the kids look up to them, and I can honestly say they haven't been let down. 

It's been a great run with these girls and I'm thankful that I have been a part of their lives as well.

Some are staying close to home, while others are traveling quite a distance.

But one thing I have seen at this school is, they tend to come back!!!

I have seen many students come back year after year to visit.  Life goes on, but you never forget where you came from.  And the fact that these kids come back says a lot about the studio and what a quality place it is.  A place they are welcome to visit any time with open arms!!

Last night for the finale bow, Jena honored to founder of the studio, Joy Hewitt.  It was so nice to see where it all started.  And to see her accept her flowers on stage, realizing how her legacy has continued and grown brought tears to my eyes.

It was a great week and a great night.  Everything fell into place and turned out beautifully!!!

Next, we are on to Nationals...... And then hopefully, my summer can start!!!

Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment