Sunday, July 8, 2012

Avery's Day

Competition day!  Woohooo.....  Avery goes on at 9:20.

We had to get up extra early as her call time was 8am.  I was paranoid to miss waking up, so I made sure two alarm clocks ready to go.  But as it turned out, I didn't need it, because I couldn't sleep!
It's just bad as a night before traveling.  Every time I got up, it was way earlier than I needed to be up.

And then my favorite is waking up one hour before I'm supposed to be up.  Not nearly enough time to go back to sleep as I will wake up groggy and exhausted.  So I laid down for another half hour with my mind running crazy!!!  I really hate that!!

Then as it turned out, one of my alarm clocks drained of battery.... SO it was a blessing I didn't fall back asleep!!

I worried about getting Avery out of bed, because she is like me....a bear in the morning.  However, I whispered in her ear and she quietly got out of bed and joined me in the bathroom.  As we were both getting ready, she did what she could for herself; and then waited for me to finish the rest. 

She was so funny, because she was insistant she could do her own hair.  I assured her she was right.  She COULD do her own hair..... for dance class.  But NOT SO MUCH for competition!  So I grabbed her comb and worked my magic.  Only turns out "my" magic isn't quite good enough for competition either......  Thank GOD for the dance teachers.  I won't lie; I had a feeling as I was doing it, but I wasn't gonna show fear in front of my daughter!  LOL

As we rolled into the convention center we were the 4th to arrive for the team.  I'm so glad we weren't last.  It gave us enough time to get Avery's hair fixed.

As I write, I am waiting for Avery to go on.  I'm wedged in a corner on the floor with my laptop, ready to get some work done while I wait.

Competition is such a funny thing.  So many people just sitting here waiting.

I'm with a group and we are all waiting for the dance.  When our team comes on, we will run from our corner, cheer on our team, screaming and whistling as loud as we can; and then return to our corner.

Okay.....she just danced.  Loved it.  They did a great job!

It is so exhilarating to see your child on stage working together as a team.  I'm so proud of this team as they have pulled of a few Platinums.  It's just amazing how quickly the time goes on stage vs the amount of time put into the dance.  It goes so quickly.

Tomorrow is the big day.  Most of the girls we are with will be dancing and then mom's dance goes on tomorrow night.  I'm excited and nervous.  I'm already staring at the stage visualizing myself out there.  I think that will help calm my nerves.  The other thing is with nationals, people are coming and going, so there won't be as many people staring at us, which is nice. 

This is it for us.  So I think we will be much calmer than in the past. 

Our teacher is already talking about 'next years' routine..... I think I'm in for anotehr go-round.  But I guess we will have to see about that.

Best of Luck to all the Teams out there!!! 
Happy Sunday

No comments:

Post a Comment