Wednesday, July 11, 2012

More Blah blah blah

There is something about coming home.  Walking in the door with familiar faces and surroundings.  There is somthing about the comfort of a routine.

Funny how snuggling down to what you know brings you a sense of peace.

My mind was abuzz with all the fun we can have this summer but within minutes of being home, Aspen found a class she wanted to take and we were back out the door.  By the time she started her class, we had her signed up for at least 8 hours a week in classes. 

So it continues.  And we haven't even scheduled Avery yet...... 

I don't know why I feel I deserve a break.  But I sure like when they happen.  Apprarently it isn't in the cards any time soon, which is okay.

I think at this point, I wouldn't know what to do with a break.

People who have had children seem to get it.  Kids can take over your life.  Between that and my photography business, my day is pretty well booked.  My goal is to be able to find niches of time to enjoy the kids this summer.

The weather has been mild, which is nice.  When in Palm Springs we were hit with 114 degree heat.  When we came home it was 'only' 90.  Aspen said, "Mom, we'll need a jacket here!"  LOL  Too cute!

I feel such a sense of relieve having the summer off.  "Off" being figurative and not literal! 

I remember when I was having Aspen and I thought being home with her when I was off work would give me plenty of time to relax.  ......   LOL.....  Ever have a baby???  There IS no time!

It's the same now.  "off" work, and no time.  But that's okay.  I have many plans to keep me busy.  I may take some time off my blog, but I'm not sure.  It's become a part of me and it gets me thinking so as of now, I will keep it going.  But there are times I sit down and it's hard to formulate anything in my brain!!!

I spent the weekend in a room with a friend.  I watched her immediately start organizing the room.  I don't have this gene, so I just watched her.  She was very methodical.  I was quite impressed.   She actually put away some of the girls costumes too.  The only problem was, I couldn't find them.  Outta site outta mind.  It was 6:30 am and I was doing my best not to wake anyone and I didn't even think that Avery's costume might actually be in the closet hanging up!!!  LOL  Only me, I swear!!!

My point was; as I watched her very organized ways, I was made very aware that my brain does not compute that on any level.  I wish to GOD it did, but ask my sister.....it ain't there!!  (insert sad face).

HOWEVER..... that's my point for the summer.  Trying to get some of that 'stuff' going on for myself!

But for today, (first day back from Palm Springs), I'm gonna take it easy and start making my lists.  I once saw a friend's white board categorized with all her summer chores.  I was so impressed, I think I will start there with the girls.  Chris has been offering to bring some white boards home, and it's very possible we have a place for them now!!!! 

I hope your summer is relaxing and fun.  Remember, kids are only little once!  They will NEVER be THIS age again, ever!!!  So take advantage of every single moment!

This weekend at Palm Springs was a huge reminder of that!!!  As I watched my friends daughter perform for AND WIN National Championships, I was teary eyed and full of pride!!!  I tried to take in every single moment of there dance, and record in my mind the sounds of the screams and cheers when their names were called!!!  I can still feel the excitement in my heart!!!

 Next year will be completely different.  They will be older.

Enjoy today!! It's all we have!

Happy Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment