Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Back to the Desert

Hard to believe I went BACK to Palm Desert after my last declaration the last time I left...., "I don't want to come back here any time soon!!!". 

I didn't know when I agreed to accompany the girl scout troop that I would end up smack dab in the middle of it again!!!

However, the trip was short and nice and very easy!!!

Yesterday, we spent the day at Soak City!!  Now...there are two things  I really don't care for: Walking around a bathing suit....and hanging out in the sun.  And that's EXACTLY what we did!!!

I dreaded the idea at first.  But when in Rome, you become a roman, so it was what it was.  I donned the bathing suit and went for it.  

It has been a SUPER EXTRA LONG TIME since I did anything like this.  But I decided to go down those big tubes and plunge into the water.  It was just as fun as I remembered.

We went from ride to ride, many over and over again and we had a really nice time.

My goal was to not get burned.  But that didn't happen either.  However, it's not as bad as it could have been, I saw some shiny lobsters at the end of the day!!!

The last ride of the day was what I call the funnel.  It's a group thing where you can have 2 or 4 people in a large rafty-thing and you go down a huge tube that dumps you into a large funnel.....and you swirl around it until you go out the end, much like the water in a toilet!  (Great visual, I know... but that is exactly what it is!!!!)

We went on that ride about 5 different times.  The only bummer in the whole thing is you have to carry that raft up about 8 flights of stairs to get to the top!!!  But it was TOTALLY worth it!

In the end, we had a fantastic day.  The wave pool was hilarious.  You could sit in 2 inches of waters or 5 ft of water depending where you wanted to stay.  But when they waves started, you would get pushed around if you didn't stand your ground!  When the waves first started, I laughed so hard that I ingested about a pint of water!  I don't know why it was cracking me up, but with each wave that hit me in the face I laughed harder until I couldn't take it anymore! 

It was a fun place to be and we all had a great day.  The kids paired off and each did their own thing and so everyone was happy!!!

After that, we went back to the hotel, at a home-cooked dinner (something pre-made from the store that is) and chilled for the night. 

Today we are back home and thankful for the nice 'cool' weather.  Even though it was about 10 degrees cooler in Palm Springs than the last time I went, it was still about 105-109.....  Just crazy hot!

Totally not my thing.  So glad to be home!

Will cherish the memories forever!

Happy Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment