Friday, March 9, 2012

Trudging the path

This week I would give myself a good solid B as far as getting my sh*t together this week.
Area's where I'd been week were on my list and I actually accomplished just about everything I'd set out to.  I didn't finish, but I got good headway and I'm very encouraged by my efforts.

Sometimes you just need to hear something from someone in a certain way.

In the last few weeks I realized my efforts had been in the D or F range.  But I watched people around me as I sat and complained (mostly to myself, but otheres suffered my wrath) about how I "wish" I could do better.

Turns out I needed some good perspective and some good role models.  And the best part is, my role models had no idea I was taking from them.

As a parent, we tell our kids, "Don't to this" or "Do that".  We give them advice like "If your friend jumped off a bridge would you??"   Naturally this "advice" falls on deaf ears, because our kids are watching our examples and will model what we have roled for them.

I did it with my parents.  They did it to some degree with their parents.  Go model what we SEE.......not hear! 

Ever hear the term, "Do as I SAY....not as I DO...."  or my personal favorite, "Your ACTIONS are speaking so LOUDLY, I can't HEAR what you are SAYING!"  That just sums up so many people for me, I can't tell you!!!

As I have watched my many 'accomplished' friends these past few months; and heard things from different perspectives, I feel I have many tools to move forward.

There really are no excuses for why we aren't doing things other than we are rationalizing why we don't!!  I heard another great saying that I use all the time;
We aren't rational....We RationalIZE!!!!!!  OUCH

So true, that one!

It takes me a while to piece the puzzle together.  I'm not as quick as those I am surrounded by.  But I am surrounded by strong people who make stuff work, regardless of their lot in life.

If things don't work out the way you want or aren't turning out the way you'd hoped, don't give up.  Think of new ways to get to what you want.

I have some good goals for myself and I have had them for about 15 years or so.  I'm not there yet, but I haven't given up.  Not for one day.  I have thought about it, but I do know it's not an option.

You gotta admit, if you set out for New York from California, you will get there eventually, as long as you keep putting one foot in front of the other.  Sometimes the journey is way more fun than the destination.

Happy Friday

No comments:

Post a Comment