Thursday, March 15, 2012

Business and Tap

So, in gearing up for my business, I ordered a few products to showcase at my next event.  One of which is an Iphone cover with my logo on it.  I also ordered an Iphone cover with one of my dancers pictures on it.  Yes, I said "MY" dancer.  I'm keeping her, she is adorable.

I also ordered a few other fun items, like photo tins, keychain tags, and cards.  I need to order a few more things, and I'll be good to go.  I just need to consult with a few teens and see what's "hot".  Never thought I would say that, but it's true that teens have different things available to them nowadays and I have no idea what is interesting to them.  I guess I'm old!!!

I gotta say, though, looking at some of these kids with their skills I am amazed at them.  They make it look so easy, and the truth is, it takes time for everything to come together.  I really appreciate these dancers more now that I'm in a few classes!!!

As I stood in tap class last night, I realized, that my tap shoes are starting to feel a bit more comfortable.  I have been practicing this move called "Chop Suey" and it's been extremely frustrating.  I leave the class in pure sweat because my brain is thinking so hard it can't wrap itself around these moves!!

I really encourage everyone to go out of your comfort zone and try something new.  I was totally dragged into the class by the teacher, and I am thankful.  If she wasn't teaching it, I might not go.  Because I don't want to look that "Awk" in front of just anyone. 

She doesn't judge, (out loud anyways) she really takes the time to break it down for us ("us meaning "me") slower people.  And though her efforts are great.....my skill is building very very slowly......

But I'm starting to get it.

My husband says I have a gelatin layer in my brain.  I'm slower than others and I know the reason why.  My brain literally has to dissect every last facet and put it back together before it actually "gets it".  That bad news is, that can take a lot of time.  The good news is when I get it I get it!

When I worked at Toshiba, I went from being nearly fired (because I had a very poor trainer), to training new people before I left the position.  I was able to train from the ground up starting at an elementary level.  So, slow yes....but good....eventually, yes.  I am okay with that!!!

Chop Suey is starting to come together.  It's working its way through my gelatin layer and I've go the right foot down, albeit, very slowly.  The left foot (which Cee Cee calls the four letter word foot) is coming along.  She'll need just a bit more time.

The good thing in all of this, is as I leave class every week, I'm a bit more accomplished and a bit more confident.  And that's something.  Because after the first class I took, I was considering putting my foot on the tracks across the street so I would have legitimate reason for not coming back.  But I'm glad I kept them both.  They are starting to work for me!

Happy Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment