Friday, March 23, 2012

Hunger Games

So, I was checking facebook before I went to bed last night and I saw so many people waiting at midnight for the Hunger Games.  I was surprised at how many of my friends took there pret-teen kids to the midnight showing.

As I haven't read the book, I don't totally know what the movie is about.  I just know that it's as huge as Twilight was. 

I'm gonna be the last hold out in reading the book, because based on the preview of the movie, I don't  like what the story is about.  I'm too emotional to watch something like that, let alone read it and have it burned into my brain.

I watched the preview again this morning (to show hubby), and he was unimpressed.  He said it looked like the Running man and a few other movies rolled into a teen flick.   (He has yet to watch a movie without A. likening it to another movie.  or B.  Figuring out the ending).  Makes me nuts.

I like to sit back and let the movie unfold!  But if I don't like the content, then I get uncomfortable.

When I choose movies now, they have to be on the lighter side.  Call me a wimp, but I have enough stress in my life to create more from a movie that I'm paying to see.

I'm sure Hunger Games will get RAVE reviews.  And maybe I'll bend eventually, but I kind of doubt it.  I couldn't even get my daughter to read the book amidst all the kids at her school devouring it.

The sad thing is, I really need a good read.  They are few and far between for me.  I wish Hunger Games was along the content I want, but alas, it is not!!!

Funny how these fads come into play.  The last 3 big hits were Harry Potter (fantasy), Twilight (fantasy), and now Hunger Games (fantasy).  Maybe kids just need a good escape from reality????

Anyway, that said, we'll see how it all plays out.  As a lady was leaving one of my meetings yesterday I asked her which book she was reading.  Not surprisingly it was book 2 of.......you guessed it, Hunger Games!!  YIKES ALMIGHTY!!!  That made me REALLY feel like I was missing out!!
However, after watching the preview this morning,  I got choked up within the 2 minute trailer. 

I might be going to the movies this weekend...but it won't be Hunger Games.  I'll let the rest of the country take care of that for me!

Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment