Friday, March 2, 2012

Back to life

Wow, the last few days were harsh.  I don't know what was going on, but my kids tried to make me laugh and be funny, and I literally had no response!!  I'm so glad to be back from that.

I was feeling pretty lethargic yesterday and I couldn't figure out why.  I realized that I hadn't been drinking as much as I normally do, so on the way to work I picked up a 32 oz Powerade and downed it at work.  I barely got through my first two meetings and when I came home, I picked up Avery and promptly laid down for 40 minutes.  Darn near passed out.

When I woke up, I had an ounce of myself back that slowly grew into a bundle of energy by my 7pm meeting.  By the time I got their, my friend looked at me and was envious of my energy. 

I was so thankful, because the night meetings are really hard.  People come in, they are tired and they are hoping for an ounce of wisdom to help them through the week.  I really applaud anyone who would show up to a Weight Watchers meeting at this time.  And as a result of their low level, I tend to overcompensate with energy and jokes as I think they are all nuts for being there anyway (that late).

I was pleased when we had some serious milestones. Someone reached 25 lbs, another hit her 10% and another simply sat there and said, "I finally get it!" 

It was a really great ending to a tough day.  But doing this job constantly rewards me.  I get to help people tap into their inner strength and I get to witness their great moments!!  It doesn't get better than that!!

So going into the weekend, I see a beautiful day.  The sun is shining, no clouds in the sky, and I'm excited.

Sometimes you have to hit the valleys to appreciate the peaks!  It's not always fun, but it's always worth it.

Happy Friday

No comments:

Post a Comment