Sunday, March 11, 2012

Daylight savings lag

Happy daylight savings. It is 8am and I am the only one awake. I can already sense that tomorrow is gonna be a hoot with the kids.

I do love this time of year, but the first week is a bit though. Kids don't want to go to bed early (cuz its still light outside) and they don't want to wake up, because it's still 'sleepy time'.

I am looking forward to the longer days, but I have no idea why they do this to us every year.

I just read a quote that the first Indians said (about daylight savings), "only the government would shave off the top of a blanket and sew it to the bottom and think they made a longer blanket".

So true, huh?

But it is exciting and it does feel a little like Christmas this time of year, since we get more daylight.

Hopefully my spring cleaning gene will kick in and I can use that extra time to clean my house. True, it hasn't work for the last 42 years, but like I say....I never give up hope.

I never understood the spring cleaning term until I lived in Massachusetts for a year. In the winter, you are so closed in because of the weather. By the time the spring comes, the windows get thrown open, and all of the muck and mire brought in from the cold months gets cleaned away.

Sounds delightful to me.

I actually have plans with daylight savings. Now I have a few more minutes in the day to get to the beach. it is my favorite place to go and hang out. And the weeknights are usually my only time to get down there. I feel a trip coming in my near future.

That said, I have to get past the first week lag. Make sure the kids are adjusting (because if they aren't, I get to hear it), and we will go from there.

Spring to summer is one of my favorite times of the year. I am truly looking forward to it.

Happy Sunday

No comments:

Post a Comment