Monday, March 12, 2012

Let it begin

Here we go. Alarm goes off at 6:30. My body swears it is 5:30and refuses to move. Even the snooze button is too far away. I must the strength to wiggle over and hit the button, but it doesn't last long.

Within minutes the alarm goes off again. With a little more awareness my brain starts going over the days events negotiating when I can get back here to my cozy bed. But I know my efforts will be futile, because once I am out of the bed, my day goes on.

If ia am having a hard time, just think about the girls. They didn't settle before 10 last night. They are losing even more sleep than me, because I was in bed by 10. I am early, they are late. Sounds like the makings of a fun day.

I have already been up there three times, starting out nice and lovingly, and getting spittle more urgent with each visit. We are quickly approaching screaming format to get them moving.

As yet, they haven't made it downstairs. I am guessing it is going to be a cranky sort of day. I wonder if their teachers anticipate this. I hope they have a plan.

If I didn't have to drive carpool this morning, I would let us all sleep in and call it a day.

Though I love the benefits of daylight savings, I knew the first days would be hardest.

This is the only way you could get me to get up early. Switch the time. Now I know why a 5:30am exercise class. Though I am up mentally, my body won't catch up with me for an hour or so.

Hope your day goes better than mine. I am gonna head upstairs and ruffle a few feathers to get the girls moving.

Happy Monday

No comments:

Post a Comment