Saturday, March 10, 2012

'Just' rides again.....

Yesterday I got hornswaggled.
My husband texted on me Tuesday and asked if I was available for lunch on Friday. I said YES! Who doesn't like a lunch date, right?

As the date approached he said, you still available? I said, "YEP!"
He said, "Great. Meet me at the Apple store in the mall. And immediately, my head sunk.
I knew we were going there because I have been having problems with my phone.

For months, I have been complaining about phone issues. Calls drop while I have all bars showing; calls not going through, just hanging in limbo, phone freezing up....yadda yadda yadda....

My husbands quick response, "just" go to Apple and have them look at it.

Can we talk about JUST for a minute?

There is no JUST when it comes to certain things.
"Just" coming out his his mouth implies a five minute fix. And in theory, it is. However, let's talk about the reality of this, because I have been through it before.

'Just' means finding an extra two hours of my life, at least. Its making sure I back everything up, driving to the location, waiting for help, getting a new phone, reformatting the phone at home, uploading all my apps and contacts and testing. It is NOT. 'just' anything.

But in his world, it's a lot easier to obtain.

Boys and girls are "just" different!!!

Boys want to FIX things.  Girls want to TALK about things.  But there is really no bridge to fill the gap in this.  I know I'm not alone.  Guys are just wired totally different.  I get this completely.  But sometimes I think they don't.   It is what it is, right???

Well, all that said, I sit here with a new phone.  His little trick worked.  He was the hero of the day.  Hopefully, I will have better luck with this phone.  It's only my third try......

I guess we'll "Just" have to see about that.....

Happy Saturday

No comments:

Post a Comment