Saturday, March 3, 2012

Moments

I don't know where you are, but where I am, it is a most beautiful day.

I am watching ducks by a pond and they are all clustered together picking though the grass looking for their morning find.

Aspen is snuggled in bed, Avery just finished breakfast, and Chris is out for a walk.

Grandma Lyn is sitting at the table with me, eating her cereal and reading the morning paper. Yes, the actual paper. The predecessor to the Newer news delivery systems; the cell phones, itouches, computers and iPads.

Though I do love seeing the news on my iPad, there is something more tangible about lifting a paper and reading the words. Skimming is much easier when you can see the whole page in front of you. As a former newspaper delivery girl (in elementary school and junior high), I still stand by the paper. But as news isn't my big thing, I will go for the comics.

Today we will be spending our time with the Cunningham clan. It is an annual ritual we have been privy to for a number of years, and we look forward to it. It is a time when the cousins get together with the grandparents and spend precious time. I wish it happened more than once a year.

Grandma lyn has just moved to the comics page. She shared one that made her giggle. I just got read to by a grandma!

You can't pay admission to something like this...you are just one
Lucky person if you get to be present. As I have been writing this, I am taking in the joy I feel because I am here.

Enjoy the moments. Don't overlook them.

Happy Saturday

No comments:

Post a Comment