Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Callin in a Sub

Today Avery gets her braces off.  She's so excited she can't see straight. 

Somehow she is under the impression that since we had to schedule this during school hours, that we would blow off school altogether......Ya know...like a DISNEY day!

WHAAAAAAT?????

I never told her that.

I also didn't tell her that I really wanted grandma to come pick her up because this is my only Pilates day and it's really important to me. 

Actually, I did tell her and her sorrowful face told me it wasn't a good idea - as did one of my friends. 

I guess as a mom, there are times you can't - or shouldn't - call in a sub.

But when you only get 2 days a week to get your own stuff done, giving up even an hour of that time is really hard!!

I have been having real issues lately trying to get in some workout time.  Pilates is the one class I really look forward to, because I can feel the benefits immediately.  With my neck and shoulder issues, it's imperative I work on my posture.  So yes, whine whine whine....I'm really sad!!!

But as a mom, there are some things you gotta do.

I have to remember that Avery has been thinking about this moment for weeks.  She's probably had it played out in her head.  She knows that Aspen got a goody bag full of chewy candies and she's waiting for hers.  She knows that Aspen took time off  school and she's already checked out.  She knows that mommy was with Aspen and mommy WILL be there for her.....in her mind, it's rote.

So I will sacrifice my one day a week Pilates class and be by my childs side.  I will hold her hand as they pry off every last brace, and then grind away the glue.  I will be there when they give her the mirror to show her beautiful new smile and pick out her cute little retainer.  She probably has the character picked out for the imprint on her retainer, as well as the colors or pattern.

I will be excited for her and I will take her picture and give her hugs.

And though I will regret another week gone from my class....I will accept my childs excitement and enthusiasm as a perfectly wonderful substitute.

Happy Wednesday

No comments:

Post a Comment