Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Reunion frenzy

Well, my 25 year High School Reunion is coming up this year....and apparently I am putting it together!  Didn't plan it, didn't want to, just simply asked the question on Facebook; "Are we having a 25 yr?"  and that was all it took!

Thankfully, I have a team of participators who are making it easier.  If I have to plan the whole thing myself, I'm guessing it wouldn't happen.

Many decisions to make, but the funnest part so far is watching the reunion facebook page take off!  Pictures are getting posted and stories are being told.  I have honestly never seen a thread of over 100 comments, but last I checked, it was 133.  Pretty amazing.

One would think by the time we get there we will be old friends and have plenty to say.

........one would think!

Reflecting on our last reunion, I was a planner as well (a small pawn, but part of the group).  We had committee meetings, decisions were made; the brunt of the work was done between two people (me NOT being one of them) and we had fun putting it all together.

By the day of the reunion, I expected to circulate.  I really did expect to.  But in the end, I hung out with all my old friends (who I still see) and stayed in my comfort zone.

Sure I spoke to a few, but my anxiety took me over - as it usually does, and I stayed in a corner most of the night.  I loved watching all the interactions, seeing who people married and if it was their first or second marriage.  Life changes so fast; just 10 years earlier many of the gals were newly married and pregnant!  It was funny to see people I had known as kids swelling with parenthood.  It was like a major time warp had happened.

This year will be very casual.  As I am "planning" it, and we are working with no budget, we opted for
the open space at a local park for Family Time, followed by a night of adults only at a restaurant.

A whole day with my old classmates.  Most of which didn't know who I was, but thanks to the invention of Facebook we are all well known and ready to be "Besties".

And though my intentions are grand; to circulate and hug every one, I'm sure I will find my comfort zone in a few small gatherings and watch the night unfold from yet another corner.

Happy Wednesday

1 comment:

  1. OMG Coleen and I planned our 30 year reunion and although it was crazy busy it was so much fun!!! Good luck and let me know if I can help you in any way.

    ReplyDelete