Sunday, February 5, 2012

Life as usual

I just love making a steaming hot bowl of oatmeal with blueberries, dates and banana for breakfast......and then cleaning the kitchen before I sit down and enjoy it!

This ever happen to you???

One night I got in a fight with my husband (ya...just ONE night.....) because he asked if I wanted to watch a show with him in our room.  I said, "YES!  I'll be up in a minute."

Realizing it was late, and we wouldn't be back down, I decided to "close shop" for the night.  So I put the dishes in the sink and decided to give them a quick rinse, then put a few things away, turned off the kitchen light, got to the dining room, realized I hadn't signed my daughters permission slip that she would need in the morning, so I did that.  Started walking upstairs then realized the clothes needed switched over, so I did that (and hung all the un-dry-ables), turned off all the lights and headed up to watch the show.  By the time I got there, it was half over!  The stinker didn't wait for me.  (Well, he said he DID.....but for how long, buddy???)

It's a common tale for a mom.  I know I am not the only one who does it.  But the thing that got me, is; if he was there helping me, we would have been done in HALF the time and could have watched the show together AND gone to bed on a good note, instead of me sitting there, with smoke coming out my ears!

CLEARLY some don't know what happens BEHIND the scenes!!!!

I know I have talked about this before, but I don't care.  I get frustrated every time I hear, "It's not MINE, so why should I pick it up?"  I dare say, some have nearly lost their lives at that statement.  It's come really close, I assure you.

I have learned this week that Wife-ing and parenting come with much patience (and yes, I'm sure it goes both ways, so please retract your claws daddies). 

This week I started seeing more of my pre-teens attitude grow ever so slightly.  The teens are on the horizon, I can smell it.  I am analyzing ever second of this growth, so I can take it in stride.

I let the strings out a little, and I accept a little abuse.  However, at what point does one correct said abuse?  It's so tiny now, it's not worth the words.  I'm merely watching to see how the wings start to come out so this child can start to fly on her own.  No doubt she'll hit a few trees on her way.  We all did.  But what will her story be like?  I truly can't wait to see.  But I won't rush it.  For now, I will sit and watch.....and hope for the best.

Until then, I will continue to do the dishes while my oatmeal waits, and I will listen to "It's not mine" and hope they live another day to say it.  And no doubt....they will say it.

Happy Sunday

No comments:

Post a Comment