Friday, February 17, 2012

Pot-stirrer

So, yesterday I wrote a letter to my daughters, however I know it's a letter that we can all apply to our lives.  I wrote the letter before more drama unfolded.  Now I have more to add.

I knew girls came with drama.  I'm a girl and drama followed me.   But now, I'm at an age where I pick and choose, and the truth is, I want to choose a little less drama.

I have found that when my body gets stressed, I completely tense up (or start eating mindlessly, but we won't go there today).

I don't like that kind of stress, so I usually try to avoid it.  Stress can totally wreck your body!

However....yesterday, I pulled out the biggest spoon I had and I stirred the pot quite a bit.  And at this time, I'm not happy whether I did or not, because I'm at the point I need to decide to keep the spoon in,or pull it out.

Decisions, decisions!!!

When it's my own stuff, I can take it or leave it.  But when it's my kids....well....it's another story.

Now the drama isn't huge.  It's little kid stuff.  However, it's my little kid and so I take it to heart.

If I pull the spoon out now, I risk doing someone a dis-service.  I short them the chance to correct the situation. 

But if I keep the spoon in, I risk drama and hurt feelings.......

I have always been surrounded by amazing people. They tell it like it is and if I don't like it - too bad.  But it's usually something I need to hear and it told to me out of love.

As I don't have that relationship with this other situation, it makes it hard.  And I could easily walk away and I won't be affected one way or the other.  But they will......  I have the chance to make this a good situation if the information I share is heard with the intent delivered.  But as I don't know how it will be recieved, this is where I ponder....

So I have a decision to make.  I'm not going to pull the trigger without some thought, so I will keep the spoon in for a while and not stir a thing.  But the next time I touch the spoon....my decison will be made.

(if you are paranoid thinking it's you....it's not.....if you are reading this, you know me and therefore you are not the issue!)

Here's to hoping for the best!!!

Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment