Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Habit vs. just plain stupid

I find myself making decisions lately that are just plain stupid.

My intentions are good...my play out....not so good. It just isn't matching my intentions. So frustrating.

How can you consciously make a decision, and then NOT follow through? It's not like you want to be an idiot....you just do what is habit. Or is it habit?

I keep thinking the driver behind the wheel isn't getting the message necessary to my my 'wishes' happen. And it's so frustrating.

What is the drive behind these old habits that we try to give up? And why are they so stinking' hard to let go??

Frankly it chips away at our belief systems every time we fail. And it creates this pattern of history that we cannot succeed, in fact, it trains us to believe we will fail! So we go in knowing there will be no success in sight.

I know that losing weight isn't about eating less. It is about letting go of old patterns that got me fat. Eating at night, eating large portions, overindulging in baked goods, lack of exercise.... Each one of these was an issue I had to face and do my best to overcome. And each one of these was hard to face and hard to change.

And to think you will be cured of this when you get to goal is a fallacy. It is an every day thing; with old habits trying to creep their way back in.

As I have done this for years now, it gets easier and it gets trickier. But what I have on my side is an arsenal of knowledge, and years of practice. But the old habits still creep in. And it is very frustrating....

Repetition is key. Repeat the stuff that works, and ditch the stuff that doesn't. But don't assume it will be easy. And don't assume the spirit will catch you one day and make it happen. If you want something, you have to work for it. Most actors 'overnight success' took a good many years behind the scenes.

It may not be easy....but it will be worth it.

Happy Tuesday

No comments:

Post a Comment