Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Checkin' in....

So many days I want to start my blog with "I got nuthin".  Because many times when I sit down, I really "got nuthin".

In actuality, I always "got sumthin'", but they are usually random thoughts in my  head, or my "To Do" list for the day, which seems to be getting longer.

Right now, I'm thinking how I will get all my stuff done by 1:05 when I pick up my kid.  3 hours are already gone.  It would take nothing to wipe 2 of those off, but that is "my" time and as I only get it once or twice a week, I'm going to take it.

I have heard a lot of struggles this week from people, and my heart can't help but feel heavy.  The last few days I have been in a "muck" and can't seem to get myself out of it.  It isn't only for them, my friends; but for myself as well. 
When sadness happens to another, it is a reminder that I am not immune.  It reminds me to be humble and greatful.  It reminds me to be aware.

We are not without our own trials in life.  They come and go.  There are times I wonder how I got so lucky and other times I wonder who, in the cosmic world, did I piss off!! ('scuse my french, but that is my actual thought).

Lately I have been feeling blessed.  Reminded that though we aren't where we want to be (and haven't been for years), the elements in our life are in order.

A roof, a family, supporting friends, food on the table, jobs (thank you GOD for that one). 

Maybe we can't have everything we want all at one time.  That would be too much.  But we have just enough to keep us happy and content. 

Aspirations are great.  And frustrations help us grow.  But it's always good to give yourself a good mental check to make sure your foundation is in order.  If it starts to crack, be on top of it.  Don't let it crumble. 

Today, I'm pretty happy with my foundation.  So though my heart is heavy, I will take this day and be thankful for what I do have.  I'm going downstairs to kiss one of them right now!

Happy Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment