Tuesday, February 14, 2012

fighting over air

I'm always listening to people and taking their issues under advisement.  I can't help myself, because I realize much of what I hear are teaching moments. I know that some day there is a chance I will have to apply some of what I heard in my own life situation.  Example:

I have a friend who has two daughters.  They are older now, but years ago I asked how they got along.  And he said, "They fight over air".  I laughed out loud, because I remember my sister and I doing the same thing.

This morning, it came into play. SOMEBODY WAS TOUCHING SOMETHING!!!!  And that's all it took. 

I'm pretty lucky, because I realize that my girls get along quite well most of the time.  They are polar opposites like my sister and I.  It's hard for any two people to live together, but when you are so opposite, it's even harder.

Yes, they bicker, sometimes taunt each other, but for the most part, they get along.  But I know as they get older, their fights will grow and all hell will break loose at times.

As of this morning, I'm not ready for it, therefore, I'm not putting up with it.  I have already separated them, because I am not in the mood.

Is it okay to not be in the mood to let your kids grow up???

Well as mom of the house, I will reserve my right.

I have a friend who is sooooooo good in talking to her girls.  So good in fact, that I have found myself watching her as though I'm in a movie watching a scene unfold.

This gift she gives to her kids is the gift of time. The gift of listening.  The gift of reasoning.  The gift of patience.  It's just awesome.

Unfortunately, my kids get none of that, because I'm not that mom.  They are welcome to move in any time, I have offered that up to them, but so far, they have decided to stay with me.

And as that is the case, today I'm not in the mood to let the grow up, I don't want to listen to them fighting over air, and I certainly don't have to put up with it!

Happy Valentines Day!  :D

No comments:

Post a Comment