Monday, February 6, 2012

Naptime at the superbowl....

It's amazing how a schedule can catch up with you.  Yesterday, we all felt it!  The girls with their dance schedules, a showcase, dance pictures and birthday parties......CRASH.....

Yesterday I got up and went to my dance rehearsal and ran some errands on the way home, doing my best to get their before Superbowl Kickoff.  I got there in time, but with no energy to spare.

Every superbowl we celebrate Chris' birthday.  It falls on or near the same weekend, so we host at our house.  This is the first year I had to go upstairs during the superbowl....and take a nap!
Aspen went too.  Avery had already taken a 2 hour nap while we were out, so she was doing just fine.

I had tried my best to stay awake, but my eyes were closing.  It's an awful feeling, because, being the host, you want to be available to your guests.  But I just couldn't swing it.

Aspen, traditionally, is not a napper.  She is the energizer bunny.  But I could see her dozing off as well.  So up we went.  She fought me, because she didn't want to lay down, but within minutes, I heard nothing from her.  (partly, because I was asleep!)

Thirty minutes later, I was feeling a bit better, but Aspen....don't even bother! Once that girl goes down, good luck getting her up!  I let her sleep just a little longer.

When I went downstairs, thankfully, I was hardly missed.  The party people can take care of themselves as everything is laid out, and they are all family, so it was all good.

In the end, it turned out to be the most boring superbowl ever. Very low key; none of our teams were playing so the interest just wasn't there (for me anyways!)

But as I looked around, I could tell that others were feeling the same sort of fatigue.  Mom was quiet, Julie was quiet, Lonell not saying much either.....why did we get out of bed???

I think there are just days that catch up with you.  And it's kind of interesting to look around and see others feeling the exact same way!  Interesting...and in this case, comforting. 

I hate having to leave a party, but the bottom line is, I'm no good if I'm in a room with a party going on and I'm asleep!

Next year I'll have more energy, I'm sure!!!

Happy Monday
 

No comments:

Post a Comment