Saturday, February 4, 2012

Pajamas...

I started to wake myself up this morning and remembered what day it is....Saturday.  But it was too late; the damage was done.  My brain was awake; and trying to sleep after that is futile and you wake up on the wrong side of the REM cycle and  your day is blown.....

Who'm I kidding, my every day is blown.  I don't sleep well, never have and to assume it's possible at this point is ridiculous!!!

I have friends who sleep great.  I want to beat them.  It's not fair.

Bouncing out of bed is another futile subject.  It's more like a slow roll with a loud grumble.  I'd like to say I stretch out and refresh myself, but there's no refreshing no matter how much I stretch.

But I still love sleep.  Bedtime, pajamas, pillows and oodles of blankets - the heavy ones - all my favorite things.

I could spend a whole day in my pajamas.  Shopping and everything.  I don't care.  There is something about the demeanor one has while wearing pajamas.  It's "safe".  You are in your coziest state when you wear pajamas.  You can walk around with a stuffed animal while wearing pajamas.  Let's face it...it wouldn't work in jeans!  You see what I'm saying?

You can snuggle in pajamas.  It's almost implied that you will.  Because you are comfy cozy and ready for hugs and kisses when you put on your pjs.

It's so weird how clothes are such a state of mind, but they are.  Suit=stodgy and serious, Jeans = ready for anything, Dress = going for flattery, Pajamas - lets just say Ahhhhh.........

If I had my choice today, I would call it PJ day and just relax and cuddle and snuggle.  But the schedule of events wouldn't get done and we'd all be in a bit of trouble.

But as the events don't start til later, we will forgoe getting dressed for as long as possible.  I need some snuggle time with my little  munchkins before we head off for the day.  That way when we are running around and getting stressed with each other (because it's picture day for dance), we can reflect back on our snuggly morning are know that we really do love each other. 

And when the day is done, we will crawl back into our pajamas and hunker down once more.   Hell, I may bring the PJ's to the studio and get an early start for the ride home.

Happy Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment