Thursday, September 22, 2011

Queen Mary

I got to go to the Queen Mary last night for a seminar. To me, it was such a great opportunity. There is something so magical about that ship.

As I drove up; the enormity of the ship is overwhelming. And for some reason I think of the Titanic, and that is was probably even bigger than this majestic vessel.

As we walked in, the smell of history hit my senses. I can't imagine how many people have pass through the halls and decks, but I like to imagine.

I know there is history and reported hauntings on this ship, and I won't deny that I am always hopeful to see or hear something.

This is the second time I have been there for a seminar, and usually something weird happens with the sound or the lights. Last night as I was walking in the hallway toward the bathroom, one of the lights flickered. And when we went back to our seats (all of a few minutes later) everyone was really cold. I had to put on my jacket.

Is it paranormal? Or just my ability to micro interpret every event? Who knows? Am I curious to hear and see something? Youbetcha! I do my best to escape the crowds and look for empty hallways to walk to see if something fun happens. Last night, Julie and I walked into the storage area where they had tables and chairs stored for events. Julie even opened a dark closet just to see what we could find. We walked by the pool and tried to get in, because that is a haunted hot spot! (Yes, I have done my homework).

On our way home, Julie was reading more about the ship and she stopped herself at the word
"Morgue". She didn't know it had a morgue. But the reality is; if you are a million miles from land and someone unexpectedly dies, you have to be prepared. This is a WWII ship. People did die. A number of times. Which is what intrigues me.

Some call it creepy, I call it thrilling. As we are just over a month away from my favorite holiday, my senses are reeling with excitement. Goblins and ghouls will be waiting around all corners for the next 6 weeks, and I will get excited every time I see one!

So, while on this ship, I am at high alert. And now, planning a trip back for a real tour.

And keep in mind; though my greatest wish when one dies is to find peace and go on to the next life....I don't mind chatting or visiting with the ones who have stayed.....

Happy Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment