Saturday, September 17, 2011

My brain is taking some time to wrap around this new school schedule.  The weekdays are fine.  Those were a pretty easy adjustment - thanks to carpool! 

What is weird for me.......FREE WEEKENDS!!!!!!

My brain is scrambling to think there is something we are missing.  But alas....as we chose it; here we are!  It's a Saturday morning, light drizzle outside, I hear the screams from the soccer field (and feeling a little sorry for those out there; though they don't sound like they are suffering in the least).  And here I sit, coffee in hand (well not really, I haven't gotten that far yet, but I will) doing that thing I'm not terribly used to.  Ummmm.....hmmmmm....what's that word....OH...RELAXING!!!!

I do have a photo session tonite at the beach (given the rain subsides), but aside from that, the kids are home and we have free license to do as we wish.

And again, my brain is scrambling.  Because, as always, there are a million things to do at any given moment in this house.  We have a LOT of catching up to do.

But for now; we have time to relax and have an easy going morning.

And I expect at any time, the kids will get in our faces and ask "What are we gonna do today?"  Of which we have nothing planned.  NOTHING!!!!

Ohhh....even writing it seems weird.

When all you have to do in the house is work, and that is all you have to offer the kids; is it best to leave it alone and let it ride for a few? Or wait until they ask "What are we doing today?" and offer them their options!!!  (Yes, I said "options" full well knowing it's more of a shut up and do it sort of thing.  But it's important to let your kids feel like they might have the possibility of a say in the house from time to time?

Not really sure what the day holds.  I think I hear the bed and remote calling me back to my room.

But the Shpilkis (jewish word-probably spelled wrong) is driving me to do something else.

Right now, though, I am meeting my neighbor to walk my dogs, so I gots ta go.

Either way I choose, I'm happy for the decision to do nothing!

And today...I'll take it!
Happy Saturday

No comments:

Post a Comment