Thursday, September 8, 2011

Deprived and disorganized

And so it begins.

Last night as the girls were getting ready for bed, I hear it....I don't have ANYTHING to wear tomorrow.... :(

Apparently, her ONE outfit has been used, and now we must go to school naked. Didn't I go shopping at two stores on two separate days with the girls? Did we get nothing but shirts? And underwear? What is filling the drawers in your room? Because last I checked, there was no more room to put anything. Not even a piece of dental floss. And now you are telling me T 9:30pm that you have "nothing" to wear to school.

What a bummer. (can you FEEL my sympathy?). Would I be a bad mom if I said "Sucks to be you"? Because as she was standing on the stairs looking down at me, and I up at her, that is exactly what came to mind.

But I took the high road. I told her to make a list of items needed and we could go from there.

And of course 'we' want to buy shorts. Because it is hot out and we can't imagine needing any other clothes.

I love the beginning of the school year. So many little tweaks and adjustments.

I found myself driving yesterday and wondering where I was gonna put the kids, and I realized that it is school time now. I will be taking at least a week reorganizing my brain to this new schedule.

And I am already feeling the pressure.

My intention was to have the girls at dance Tuesday Thursday and Friday. But Wednesday has just been added, and my post traumatic stress disorder is starting to come back.

I am already wondering how I will get through this year. I am hoping it will stay to 4 days a week. "only" 4 days.

I want my life back.

Oh, wait....this IS my life!

I guess I better embrace it as much as possible. Organization will be key. I am determined to get through this. I am lucky that my schedule is restricted to only two girls. My girlfriend has 4 girls all in sports at different times in different locations. I cannot imagine how she does it. Other than the fact that she doesn't work outside the home, I would say her sanity is still at risk, and I have offered her help just in case she gets stuck.

It takes a village, I tell ya.

So...first thing in order is to get organized...and go shopping.....

.....for shorts.....

Happy Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment