Sunday, September 11, 2011

9-11

9-11

Just saying it brings me back to that terrible day.

I remember being in bed; Aspen was 1 year old, and Chris was getting ready for work. His mom called and told us that someone crashed into the twin tower, and we turned on the TV.

I sat in bed, unable to move. At that time, we had no idea what was happening. We just watched, dumbfounded.

As the second plane flew into the second building, shock filled my body. And as news of the other planes at the Pentagon, and in Pennsylvania.... My brain couldn't even wrap around what was happening. It was all too much.

As I looked at my daughter sleeping by my side, I knew she would never know the world I grew up in as a child. I knew right then and there, our lives would never be the same.

And they're not.

Our trust is gone. Our sorrows greatened.

As I write, I am watching memorials for the 10 year anniversary. I am recounting the events to my girls who are 9 and 11 years old. I am in tears at the sadness of the events, of what we lost, and how things will never be the same.

We all have a story, and we all remember it well.

In honor of all those who lost their lives, and the families affected, the military who continues to keep us safe, and the world, who prayed for us. May we never forget.

And remember to hug those dear to you.

Happy Sunday

No comments:

Post a Comment