Sunday, September 4, 2011

GLEE

Yesterday, I spent the better part of the day at home watching GLEE on Netflix. I have never seen the show, and on Netflix, you get whole seasons with (wait for it) NO COMMERCIALS!!!

The girls and I hunkered down for an episode or two to check it out. And MANY hours later, we were enthralled, and having a hard time getting out the door.

Ever happen to you?

The first thing I loved about the show is the slushy. I didn't totally get it at first, but came to realize quickly that it represented the underdog.
(if you haven't seen the show before, it is set in high school, with all the regular cliques and a football team, cheerleaders and ...... the Glee club).

As I have now seen most of season one, I have to say, my girls and I are in love with the show. Jane Lynch HAS to be my favorite character. Every time she walks in a door, I start laughing, and that is usually before she talks. The freaky thing is Aspen is the one who told me her name. How do my kids know this stuff????

Jane plays "Sue", the high school cheerleading ("cheerios") coach. She is rude and ruthless and absolutely NAILS it with everything she says.

The show is predictable in many ways, but the thing I love about it is the music and dancing. I don't care what you throw dancing in to....I'm IN!!!

When I was a kid, living at home with my parents, every so often my parents would dance in the living room (or where ever the music was). This is single handedly my favorite memory of my parents. In their volatile relationship, everything ceased when the music played.

Funny what you take from your childhood, huh?

To this day, when I dance, I don't have a care in the world. (I just wish I could get out more!)

The show has a great balance of happiness, struggles, competition, and a lot of singing. I am addicted.

And though I should feel guilty for sitting on me arse for so many hours, it was a treat to "clock out" and feel good for a while. With every episode, I would say, "Okay girls, after this we are getting up"....and then Avery would quickly click "Play" for the next episode! (Yes. I just blamed it all on Avery).

Today we have other plans, so we won't be home til later. However, I do have plans to finish the season by the end of our long weekend. An ambitious goal, but a goal nonetheless.

And though I have many things to do this weekend, I can always rearrange a bit to build in some "feel good" time.

And I have no problem taking the girls down with me!

Happy Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment